A weekly podcast where we tackle the challenges facing Web developers today and invite expert guests on the show to share their experience solving concrete problems while building real Web applications.
- Episode 15: Did You Just Screw Up the UI? with Ryan Burgess of Netflix
How It Works
- John Papa schedules interviews with his 1-2 co-hosts plus a guest.
- They record from wherever they are in the world using Zencastr, which automatically records each person on their computer so you maintain as high a quality audio as possible.
- John sends me the individual audio tracks over a shared Google Drive with folders organized by episode.
- I edit out pauses, tech issues, coughs, and other minor touch ups of the conversation. (John and crew use a shorthand of saying “Edit Point” into the recording if they want to speak to me or signal, not surprisingly, an edit point. It works great!)
- While I’m editing, I’m also putting together the show notes for the episode including episode description, relevant links discussed or mentioned, and timecode / chapter markers for listeners to be able to skip around if needed.
- John leaves clear edit spots for me to insert one or two sponsor reads – also shared via Google Drive.
- I export it all mixed down to MP3, set up a new episode in their podcast host Simplecast, and put the episode in draft mode for John or myself to publish on the approved day and time.
- We track everything that happens on the show with a simple Google Sheets spreadsheet, including which sponsors are needed, recording dates, episode titles, and publishing dates.
Where to Listen
Want Help Editing Your Podcast?