The Progression Podcast, featuring Jonny Burch, is a podcast that talks to guests about leading teams in a digital age:
As tech teams we’re great at designing and building products and experiences that people love. But one thing that we still can’t do effectively is design our own careers.
With the help of regular contributors and special guests, we dig into why that is, tackling questions around managing vs making, missing manager tools, soft and hard skills and training, compensation and navigating a new job that’s right for you.
- Peter Merholz on org design and ethics
- Kara DeFrias on changing careers, curing cancer, and being a sponsor.
How it Works
- Jonny Burch records conversations with his guest(s) and sends me the audio files over Google Drive.
- I edit for content and any requests Jonny has for changes, add intro/outro music, add his personal spoken outro, levels, and a sponsor spot.
- I send a mixed down MP3 with chapter markers and album art for Jonny to publish on his podcast.
- I’m using an app called Discord (like Slack) to communicate with select clients about ongoing projects. Saves on a few emails and allows for quick communication on projects.
Where to Listen
Want Help Editing Your Podcast?
If you like the idea of handing off editing and production of your podcast like Jonny Burch did, please get in touch with me.